Are you on the lookout for a Bluetooth watch but don’t exactly know what it is you should be looking for in one? Here’s a quick breakdown of features that ought to help you better understand what defines a quality Bluetooth smart watch:
- Good Compatibility– the first (and arguably the most important) thing you should do is to check if your Bluetooth watch will play nice with your phone or tablet. The last thing you want to do is buy an excellent Android watch only to find out that it isn’t being recognized by your iOS-powered device
- Comprehensive Notifications–emails, text messages, multimedia messages, call alerts, social networking alerts, messaging app alerts, calendar events – your chosen Bluetooth wearable should be able to notify you when you receive alerts from your frequently used services.
- Health Sensors– quite a few modern Bluetooth watches come plugged in with sensors that track useful information about your health and body. Pedometers, blood pressure monitors, heart rate monitors and other stats could help you better understand the state of your body.
- Locational Tracking – GPS tracking is an essential part of a Bluetooth watch, whether you need directions or are looking for a new restaurant to try out. Oh, and locational tracking becomes immensely useful if you lose your watch or have it stolen.
- Decent Battery – a cool smart watch won’t be so cool if it keeps dying after a few hours of use. A watch needs to be able to hold a charge for at least 12 hours of continuous use and about 48 hours on standby. More is better, but this is the bare minimum for a day’s worth of hard operation.
- Compatible Headset – not only will a headset make hands-free calls possible, but many of the more recent Android smartwatches accept voice commands. Having a decent headset makes it so much easier to ‘tell’ your watch what to do that shoving it near your mouth every time you need to say something.
- Swappable Straps – straps tend to break down after a while, especially if the Bluetooth watch sees heavy use. This is why it is vital that the straps can be swapped out for new ones once they start getting worn out or when you want to change the look of your phone.
- Access To An App Store – a smart device is only as good as the apps that it can run, which is why a decent smartwatch needs access to a robust app store if you want to make your watch work the way you want it to. You’ll then be able to install the apps that you want as long as the watch hooks up to a wireless Internet access point.
- Water/Shock-Proofing – expect to flail your arms around a lot as you go about your business. Shock-proofing and water-proofing will help your watch last much, much longer – which is always a good thing considering the money you’ll be investing in such a watch.
- Sufficient Warranties – never underestimate the usefulness of a good warranty in protecting your interests. Such a warranty will help guarantee repairs or a replacement should your Bluetooth watch mysteriously fail to work.
Keep all these nifty little pointers in mind, and you’ll be able to pick out a Bluetooth watch that actually gets stuff done instead of being just another glorified fashion accessory!
Chinavasion is a Shenhzhen-based wholesaler that specializes in a wide variety of gadgets – including Bluetooth watches. Visit Chinavasion.com today to learn more about what it has to offer!